Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Moms are Cheeky--When It Come to Little Butt Cheeks




I've never quite "separated." That's a key psychological stage of mom & child development, and that's how you might describe me as it relates to the new mom target market. I loved working in the new mom market for so many years. So when I see a new campaigns targeting new moms--I get curious. Huggies new multi-platform campaign has caught my attention. It's a wonderful example of interactivity and energy. The cheeky tone of the campaign is a refreshing departure from much of new mom advertising.

It's always amazed me how new moms are such a positive, energized group. When they are in their Mom-centricity mindset, they have a real appreciation for telling it like it is, yet few marketers have taken a playful approach in their communications. When asked to describe life with toddler, one of the biggest refrains I've heard is, "Hilarious." Playfulness is a top 10 trend for 2009 (Mintel), yet June Cleaver, sappy stereotypes continue to abound.

Kudos to Huggies on taking this very cheeky, playful campaign to new moms. It's hilarious!

No comments: