Friday, November 20, 2009

New Spoof on Kraft's Miracle Whip Campaign



Colbert sends-up Kraft's Miracle Whip campaign. Snooping on the web, it appears this was a "paid-for" spoof. But how succesful could it be when the code to go viral won't work (I can't embed it!) When I've seen the MW ads on TV, I always thought "Bravo McGarry Bowen for taking the unexpected route to mayo advertising." But when ads get spoofed by comedians, it can be dangerous--even when it's pay-to-play. Remember all the Letterman spoofs on the old Beatrice campaign from the 1980s? I never tell anyone I was involved from a very junior distance on that one.

Anyway, I wondered if Colbert's staff writer, Laura Krafft, had anything to do with writing the send-up. Laura & I worked at Grant Jacoby way back in the late '80s. She left GJ to go on to Second City, Colbert and Emmy awards. Alas, Laura could not have written the segment. She left Colbert last year and is acting and freelance writing. (she was wearing funky glasses before Tina Fey!)

No comments: