Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering: the New Jerusalem

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video.



Today, Carly Simon and her children Ben and Sally paid tribute to the memory of the World Trade Center and the victims of 9-11 by singing "Let the River Run." How appropriate. Carly wrote the song (and won an Oscar) for "Working Girl." It's one of my fav movies, and has become more poignant for me as with the scenes of Melanie Griffith crossing the river (Jordan) into the area of the Towers--the new Jerusalem. At the end of the movie, we pull-out from an office window that looks like it's shot from the WTC.

Yesterday, I was looking at "Trend Blend 2009+" map of time and tide. The trendists cited the "fall of US Empire" as a trend. It sent shivers down my spine as I read that. Did the crack start with 9-11-01 and the egg finally break with the fall of Lehman on 9-10-08? Can Humpty Dumpty put us back together again? Sigh.

No comments: