Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New President, New Future... just7 floors away


As I walked into the Aon Building this AM, I was followed by about a dozen "men in black." They looked like secret service, but I thought, "what would Obama be doing in this building--his headquarters are right across the street?" The Tribune's cover pix is of Obama in the building. He had a morning meeting at an investment company managed by John Rodgers, who was once married to Desiree Rodgers, who was a high profile advisor to Obama's campaign. Hmmm---says something that one of the first calls as President-elect is to his pals. It will be interesting to see what appointment Desiree gets....

The meeting was held just 7 stories below my office. If any of my associates who avidly worked and canvassed for the campaign saw him in the elevator bank, there would have been faints. Talk about rarified air!

2 comments:

carol said...

President Elect may be back in the bldg today, as there have been sightings of secret service in our elevator bank today.

carol said...

Update: Desiree got a good post--Social Secretary. I would think Desiree is going to have to be "guardrailed" and not overdo the state dinner thing. It would smack of Marie Antionnette. I suspect it will be a return to Camelot, with arts and culture revived--albeit in a contemporary fashion.